St Ambrose's Church
226 Birmingham Road,
Telephone: 01562 822839
Details of all Mass times can be found on St Ambrose's parish website under the 'Parish News' section. Please use the link below to view:
Each term, the whole school or individual classes are timetabled to go over to church each week to join in with the celebration of Mass with parishioners. Due to COV-ID 19, we are joining in virtually with Masses livestreamed every Wednesday.
Father Douglas Lamb is our parish priest and he celebrated his 25th Anniversary of dedicated service as our parish priest in 2017. He came to replace Canon Albert Adams in July 1992 having spent three as curate in Coventry, two at St Aloysius' in Oxford and five years at neighbouring St Wulstan's, Stourport.
St Ambrose's beautiful church is located next to our school and was built in 1858 during the time when Father Ambrose Courtnay was Parish Priest. It was consecrated on August 5th, 1902 by Bishop Edward Ilsey, who later became the first Archbishop of Birmingham.
At one time, there were two convents in our Parish, one dedicated to St. Ambrose and run by the Sisters of Charity of St. Paul the Apostle, Selly Park. These Sisters ran our school for many years, but the convent was closed and the nuns dispersed in the 1980's. The other convent was staffed by the Sisters of the Most Holy Trinity, who ran a girls boarding school founded in 1903. The Nuns lived for a short time in a private house in the Parish and gave pastoral support until the early 1990s when they returned to their Mother House in Bromley, Kent.
St. Ambrose comes under the jurisdication of the Archdiocese of Birmingham. Please follow the link below to their website: